Week of October 9, 2017: Remember: Monday, 10/9 is a Holiday- no school!
The Minnesingers are singing the National Anthem for the Wounded Warriors welcome dinner on Oct. 9, Monday evening, at the Beach Plum Inn. They hope to make this an annual event.
- MVRHS Bowling Club:
Meetings are every Monday from 2:30-4:30 @ The Barn. Take the OB Bus, Lane 7, right after school. Cost is $5.00!
- Part-time Jobs available (students and staff) @ the Ice Arena
Interested? Contact Pete Lambos at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- CONNECT to end violence group meeting : CONNECT’s after school group at MVRHS, Uproot: Students Against Domestic and Sexual Violence has started to meet. For more information or to join, please contact Heather Arpin at email@example.com .
- West Side Story
Auditions have been completed for this year’s musical, West Side Story , and rehearsals began on Sunday the 8th. The Visual Art, World Language, Social Studies, and English departments are joining the Performing Art Department in a collaboration to discuss issues raised by the musical – immigration, gang violence, star-crossed lovers, etc. Stay tuned…should be an amazing show!
Reminder that parent-teacher conferences begin on Thursday, October 12th. More information can be found here, including how to schedule your conference through “pick-a-time.” Dismissal on all conference days is 12:00pm, there is no lunch served.
Thursday, October 12: 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Friday, October 13: 12:30 – 2:30 PM
Monday, October 16: 12:30 – 3:30 PM
Tuesday, October 17: 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Wednesday, October 18: 12:30 – 3:30 PM
THIS WEEK’S ATHLETIC EVENTS
Golf: Away @3:00 Vs. Falmouth
Field Hockey: Away @3:30 Vs. Tahanto
Girls Soccer: Home @3:00 Vs. Dennis-Yarmouth
Cross Country: Away @3:30 Vs. Coyle & Cassidy High School
Golf: Away @3:00 Vs. Coyle & Cassidy High School
Boys Soccer: Home @3:00 Vs. Bishop Feehan
Golf: Home @2:45 Vs. Dennis-Yarmouth
Field Hockey: Home @3:00 Vs. Bishop Stang
Girls Soccer: Away @4:00 Bishop Stang
Football: Away @6:00 Vs. Bishop Stang
Field Hockey: Away @12:00 Vs. Milford
Boys Soccer: Away @6:00 Vs. Barnstable
Girls Soccer: Home @6:00 Vs. Barnstable
Cross Country: Away @9:15 Brown University Northeast Invitational
INFORMATION FROM THE GUIDANCE OFFICE
The PSAT will be administered at the high school on Wednesday, October 11 at 7:40am.
Room Assignments (listed by last name)
- Room 501 – 10th Grade: Aiello – Herman
- Room 503 – 10th Grade: Hoff – Zeilinger
- Room 505 – 11th Alves – Davey
- Room 510 – 11th Delphous – Klaren
- Room 512 – 11th Krauthamer – Porterfield
- Room 512 – 11th Pyden – Wildanger
Seniors: MV Youth is giving a presentation on their scholarship opportunities on October 18th at the West Tisbury Library from 7-9pm.
MEFA (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) is presenting their annual talk at Financial Aid Night on October 23 at 6:30pm in the PAC . All senior students and families are welcome.
Check Naviance for the list of college reps who are visiting the high school.
College Visits Between 10/10 – 10/20
**Must Sign-up before, or the morning of, in Guidance**
University of South Maine @ 9:00 During Flex block in the LCR Lesley College @1:20 in the LCR
Unity College @ 9:00 in the LCR
Saint Michael’s College @10:55 in the LCR
Bard College @9:00 in the LCR Hampshire College @9:00 in guidance
Lasell College @ 9:00 During Flex block in the LCR Skidmore College @1:20 in the LCR
FLEX BLOCK OVERVIEW
Where to find traveling teachers:
- Ms. Braillard, Culinary Dining Room
- Ms. Slossberg, World Language Office
- Ms. Germani, Room 204
- Mr. Lavers, Room 113
- Mr. Innes, Math Lab
- Mr. Light, Room 511
- Ms. Thibodeau and Ms. Newton, Writing Center
- Nell Coogan, Restorative Office
- Library will be open to 15 students for quiet studying. Chromebooks are available and Mr. McGrath will be there to help. Schedule for the library with him.
- Cafeteria will be open to 15 students for quiet studying. Chromebooks are available there. Students who wish to go to the cafeteria should schedule with Mr. Schofield (intervention coordinator).
- Special Education teachers will pull their students themselves. Students should not schedule themselves to meet with their special education teacher. We encourage students who need extra support to schedule directly with their content area teacher.
- Please remember that students should be assigned daily to one place for flex block. ONLY IF THERE IS EXPRESS PRIOR AGREEMENT BETWEEN TEACHERS can someone override a schedule. If a student is assigned to a teacher for flex, they should remain in that space for the duration of the block (40 mins).