Some have found it helpful for planning purposes to have the individual blocks in their Google calendar. I know I couldn’t live without it in scheduling the library. If you want to import a calendar with individual blocks for the 2017-2018 calendar (accurate as of 8/2/2017), here are instructions:
1. Download the file linked below by clicking it. It will save the “2017-2017-Block-Schedule.csv” file to your computer (probably in the Downloads folder)
2. Open Google Calendar. Note: You can only import from a computer, not a phone or tablet.
3. In the top right, click the Settings button, (it looks like a gear in the top right of the window) and then click Settings.
4. Open the Calendars tab.
5. Click Import calendars between the “My calendars” and “Other Calendars” sections.
6. Click Choose File and select the file you exported (“2017-2017-Block-Schedule.csv”)
7. Choose a calendar. You could either create a new calendar for 2017-2018 (go back and click on “create new calendar” next to the “Import calendars” link), or use an existing calendar (see note below) to add these events to.
8. Click Import.
* Important note: the school calendar will inevitably change during the school year, but those changes won’t automatically change this calendar. Remember to manually make the changes on your calendar when changes are announced. Also keep in mind that once you import events, there is no undo button. If you’re nervous about how they might appear, you could create a test calendar first and import them there to see how they look.