What to Know
- Some students tend to let their grades slip and must be encouraged to finish their requirements or miss graduation.
- Students must pay all school and school-related debts, including outstanding cafeteria debt, in order to receive their cap and gown on Wednesday, June 6. Paying debts and completing discipline assignments, including Saturday School and detention, are graduation requirements.
- Students need to check with teachers and coaches about books and materials owed. If a student had a first semester class or dropped a class, they still might owe materials. A student might owe items from a vocational class or from playing a sport. Please check your student’s cafeteria breakfast/lunch account and pay any balances owed.
- Returning school-issued locks (or paying $5.00) also must be done prior to receiving their cap and gown. Locks (or $5.00) can be given to Rebecca Claussen in the Front Office
- The school’s discipline code is in full force during all graduation and pre-graduation activities. This includes all school policies regarding the use of alcohol and drugs.
- Any “skip days” may be made up at the Principal’s discretion by delaying the exam schedule
- A $15.00 cash rental fee must be paid to receive caps and gowns. Exact change is required. In order to streamline the cap and gown distribution on June 6, we ask that the $15.00 rental fee is paid in advance (cash or check payable to “MVRHS”). Students should bring this payment to Noelle Warburton in the Principal’s Office.
- Student names printed on their diplomas and on the graduation program are taken from the school database. Please contact Noelle Warburton at 508-693-1033 ext. 126 if you have any concerns or questions about the spelling of your student’s name.
- Please be aware that this year, unlike previous years, no graduation seating tickets will be distributed. There will be no reserved seating area for family. For best seating, please arrive early: the Tabernacle will open for seating at 12:30 PM. For information about Handicapped Seating, please contact Noelle Warburton at 508-693-1033 ext. 126.
- Friday, June 8 Tabernacle 6:30 PM
- All Seniors are required to attend.
- Wear your gowns, NOT your hat or tassel.
- Students who are receiving awards or scholarships on Class Night will receive a letter from the Guidance Office.
- First Rehearsal -Tabernacle Wednesday, June 6 at 9AM
- Cap & Gown – PAC Wednesday, June 6 at 11 AM
- Second Rehearsal -Tabernacle Thursday, June 7 at 9AM
- No senior may participate in the graduation ceremony who has not participated in the two rehearsals (9 AM: June 6 & 7) unless specifically excused by the Principal.
- Come to graduation on time at 1:00 p.m., and dressed appropriately.
- Wear your gowns, caps, and tassels at graduation. Please do not wear shorts, sunglasses, or have bare feet.
- Tassels are worn on right side of cap.
- For NHS students, who also received a gold tassel, wear only the gold tassel.
- Do not put messages, symbols or other objects on your gown or hat.
- When you sit down in the chairs after the processional, it will be girl/boy/girl/boy on the left and on the right side.
- REMEMBER WHO YOU LINED UP WITH.
- Gowns must be returned to the stage at the Tabernacle immediately following graduation in order to receive diploma.