ASPIRE to discover meaningful work and to contribute to society in a positive way;
COLLABORATE to set and achieve self-initiated and self-directed goals; and
ENGAGE in experiences that allow for exploration of passions and interests.
To achieve long-term goals and be active citizens in our global community, we believe that our students need to develop the following 21st-Century skills:
Across all academic disciplines, our students will:
- Read critically.
- Write/communicate persuasively.
- Think and reason logically.
- Solve complex problems analytically.
- Explore ideas creatively.
- Evaluate solutions.
- Access and use information effectively.
- Take intellectual risks.
- Achieve content competency.
Social and Civic Competencies:
As they engage in our Island and global community, our students will:
- Communicate responsibly using technology.
- Prioritize, plan, and manage for results.
- Work within a group to achieve a goal or outcome.
- Know, understand, and appreciate cultural diversity.
- Contribute as an informed citizen.
- Adjust and adapt to changing environments.